Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reader, Reader, Pumpkin Eater

Today, Mason and I read a little Halloween story. It was something about a baby in a cat costume searching for his pumpkin, and I think he liked it.



Needless to say, he had to eat the book, but he did wait 'til I was done so I'm pretty sure I have a reader on my hands.

After that, George and I carved our pumpkins. I remember last year when we carved pumpkins, I took my time and both of mine (I carved one for me and one for the cat) were perfect. This year, I had to rush a little and I ended up chopping off the tombstone in my haste. There are no pictures of the finished products because, well, there aren't any finished products. Someone got sleepy and had to go to bed.

Anyway, I couldn't really give Mason a knife and let him dig in... but maybe next Halloween. We didn't carve his wee little pumpkin, either, because that one is getting chopped up, pureed, and frozen. I found a recipe for a really good-sounding pumpkin puree, so if all goes well, his very first pumpkin will be his very first food next month.

So Mason just watched and seemed generally confused about the whole ordeal.





And then he had to eat the pumpkin. Anyone else see a pattern developing here?

No comments: