Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Monkey Business

I really wanted to make Mason's first Halloween costume all by myself, so I decided I was going to make a skunk suit from scratch. I'd done some research and I had a plan which included a big fluffy tail that I was going to make stand straight up with wire on the inside and a long stripe of white fur up the belly. It was going to be a pretty big project, especially for a girl who can't sew on a button (and actually has never tried) but I came up with the idea in August, so I had plenty of time, right?

Not so much. Time flies and I procrastinate. I ended up buying Mason's costume online. Oh well, he made an adorable monkey.




He loved it. He kept touching his big feet and chewing on his tail. The only thing was, this costume should have come with a disclaimer that said it sheds. Bad. Mason and I were both eating fur for the rest of the day. I found monkey fur in his diaper.

No comments: