Monday, October 20, 2008

Piano Man

I love buying new toys for Mason. It seems like every time we go to the store, I'm buying him new toys. The money that, long ago, would have went to shoes and skirts and Starbucks now goes directly into the "fun-baby-stuff" fund. I remember being so anxious for Mason to start to play.. one night George and I laid a six-week-old Mason down on his playmat and waited for him to do something. He layed there. We showed him the hanging butterflies and the tiger that plays music. He cried.

Now, he loves to play and it's so much fun to watch him explore and learn new things. It's as fun for me as it is for him. Maybe even more fun. I'm living my second childhood. So, what's m
y latest find?

A baby piano, of course.



He loves it. Loves, actually, is an understatement. It's basically the only thing he wants to play with... strange, especially since he can't even chew on it. But he gets so excited about the sounds it makes and the fact that HE'S making the sounds. A silly plastic piano is helping him learn about music, colors, and cause and effect.


Sometimes he gets so excited about the beautiful music he's composing that he drools all over the keys. I bet The Beatles started out this way.

No comments: