Saturday, October 4, 2008

Baby Massage

Ugh. Please tell me it's just teething. Teething, or learning new skills, or a growth spurt, or belly pains. Anything... as long as this isn't going to be a permanant new pattern. After sleeping through the night for two months, last night Mason was up at 10, 1, 3, 5:30, and 6:30. I think. I can't say for sure, I was pretty delirious. All I know is that at 6:30, we just decided to stay up (by "we" I mean "he"... don't let me fool you, he makes the rules around here). By 8:15, he was crabby and we were both falling asleep, so we went back into the bedroom for a nap.

He agreed to a nap, but only if he was attached to my boob, eating in his sleep. In order to do this I have to lay on my side in a really strange, uncomfortable position. I can sleep like that, but only when I'm exhausted 'cause it really hurts. At 9:45 he woke me up and my back was stiff and achy and I felt even worse than before but, of course, he was kicking and playing with the sheets in a much better mood. I thought about how, every night after his bath, Mason gets lotion and a quick little baby massage. I turned away from him onto my other side and let his happy little feet kick my back for a good five minutes. He owed me.

I've been searching his mouth for teeth all morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan,

Gee... I don't stop by your myspace for like...well, ok...I guess about a year... but holy cow! Congratulations! I was getting married... and you were having a baby.

Most of my friends haven't had kids, but my wife has a son from a previous relationship. ( I've been with her since he was just under a year old...he is 4 now ) Still...it feels good to read your blog. I've never experinced the first 11 months... but I can sure relate to lots of it. For some reason it's kind of comforting to know a former student is going through the same thing. ( maybe it makes me feel younger? ) I don't really know.

Congratulations!!!! He looks beautiful!!! You look great too, the pics of you and Mason just after he was born are amazing.

Be well,

sCoTt ( Mr. McCamley? )

djembe1766@yahoo.com ( if you ever have a second! )