Thursday, December 25, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

I really wanted to come up with a Christmas Eve tradition for Mason... something that we can do every year with him. Something for him to look forward to. We started it last night - one present to open before bed on Christmas Eve and it will always be the same thing. Actually, it'll be two presents, but they go together.




Note: There are about fifty pictures of Mason opening just these two presents. I quickly learned that even though a baby opening a present takes about eighty times as long as it does for an adult, it's a million times cuter. I'll skip the other forty-seven pictures and cut to the chase though, since I don't have much time. I'm sure Mase will only nap for twenty minutes and it's already been fifteen.

He got - jammies

and a book (one of Mommy's favorites).

When he started getting sleepy, he took his Christmas Eve bath (which is really similar to a regular bath except I sang The Twelve Days of Christmas [all messed up and backwards, I'm sure] instead of the skunk song and the ABCs).


He got into his new jammies and we snuggled up and read a little bit of The Polar Express.

What a perfect tradition to start. Merry Christmas.

No comments: