Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Super Mom

Every once in awhile, I have a really productive day. They used to come more often, but nowadays, I'd rather play with my baby than clean bathrooms and dust the furniture. Besides, Mason's scared of the vacuum cleaner. Today though, I was Super Mom. I did it all.

During Mason's morning nap, I scrubbed my bathroom and cleaned and dusted both bedrooms. When he woke up, we did nothing but play until his afternoon nap. The second his eyelids fluttered shut, I started a load of laundry and cleaned all the windows in the house. On top of all that, I did my basic mom duties: I kept Mason's still-sniffly nose cleared of boogies, his diaper changed, his belly full, and a smile on his face. There was a lot more playing, a few spoonfuls of sweet potatoes (who cares if I had to sneak them in his mouth when he opened it to laugh), his bath, an extremely animated reading of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and bed.

With Mason asleep for the night, I was free to clean and dust the living room and hang some new pictures:

I degermed all of Mason's toys and other baby gear and bagged up some frozen sweet potato cubes:

And I cleaned the kitchen, loaded and ran the dishwasher, and even scrubbed the crusty stuff off the stove 'til it shined:
It was almost nine o'clock before I realized I hadn't showered and I was still in my pajamas.

Hey, Super Moms have priorities.

No comments: