Saturday, December 13, 2008

Monkies Love Bananas

We've kind of been on a solids standstill. We did the sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving, he liked them, but after that he really didn't seem to want anything to do with them. Maybe it was because he was sick or maybe he just isn't crazy about sweet potaoes, but either way, I stopped trying because I didn't want to force anything on him that he wasn't ready for. But on Thursday, I bought some organic bananas (which, FYI, taste SO much better than regular bananas) and this afternoon I mashed them up for my little Mase-Monkey.

I realize that in the pictures he looks disgusted, but honestly, I'm pretty sure that isn't a this-is-yucky face as much as it's a this-isn't-milk-what-the-heck-is-it face. He loved them. By "loved", I mean he ate a good five or six bites without gagging. He thought those bananas were so great that he even opened his mouth voluntarily, without me having to make him laugh to get his lips apart.


Mmm..

No comments: