Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Boogies

It's definitely a cold. A bad one, too. Mason was up a million times last night, choking on what I finally realized was snot. I'm sorry if this is gross, but the flow of the snot dripping down into his throat was what made him throw up. He was so congested he was even snoring little baby snores. I can't help but think that this is all my fault. I know it is. I feel unbelievably guilty that my cold is going away and Mason is suffering.

We were up a million times last night and Mason was completely miserable. I slept sitting up, with his head on my chest, because that's the only way he seemed able to breathe. When he woke up this morning, I looked over at him and saw a big smile on a face covered in dried boogies.

He tried to play and roll around like he normally does, but I could tell he just wasn't feeling like himself.

The poor little guy couldn't even stop sneezing.

Question: How do you blow a baby's nose?
Answer: You can't.

Instead, you use this, the most sophisticated piece of baby equiptment I have yet to come across:

That, for lack of a better term, is a booger-sucker, and it does exactly that. Mason hates it and I'm just always worried I'm going to suck his brain out with it. It doesn't really work anyway. Here's a sniffly Mason demonstrating improper use of a booger-sucker:

I took him into a hot shower with me to clear out his sinuses, and now it's only a little after nine and he's already napping. It's normally a struggle to get him to nap, even if he's exhausted, but this time required absolutely no effort on my part.

Get better soon, baby.

No comments: