Thursday, November 6, 2008

One Way

By now, Mason's a pro at this rolling from back to belly thing. For the past couple of days, every time I lay him down on his back he waits two seconds and then flips onto his belly, seemingly without effort. The problem? He can't roll back the other way. I've tried rolling him myself, so he gets the feel of it. I've tried demonstration. I've tried leaving him there, figuring that he'll get sick of being on his belly, realize that I'm not going to flip him back over, and just roll himself, but he can't (or he won't, I'm not sure which). Nothing works.

My new ploy is putting a toy just out of his reach, thinking that he might roll over there and get it. Nope. Instead, he picks his upper body way up off of the ground and pulls himself with his arms, wiggling along and dragging his legs behind him. It takes awhile, but he moves.




When he's not in the mood to wiggle, he army crawls towards his goal:



I mean, it's true that he basically spent the first four months of his life laying on his back, but still, you'd think he'd want to have that little bit of extra mobility that he'd have if he could roll in a full circle. Plus, the look on his face in some of those pictures makes it look like he's really struggling. Rolling's got to be easier. Then again, who am I to judge? He looks happy enough.

No comments: