Friday, November 28, 2008

Mason's Thanksgiving Day Charades

Well, I didn't wake up on Thanksgiving feeling any better. In fact, I felt worse. There wasn't anything that was going to ruin the day for me though. I was excited to see my family and for everyone to see Mason again. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in Forty-Fort hadn't seen him for almost four months and George's family in the Poconos hadn't seen him for three. My dad and Kim came to pick us up around seven, and we were off.

When we
got there, Mason got to spend some time with his grandpa, who he seems to finally be warming up to,


with his great-grandma, who he's loved from the start,


and, of course, with Mommy, as well as a whole bunch of others.


Soon it was time for the moment I'd been waiting for all day. With my golf ball sized tonsils, I figured I wouldn't be able to eat much, but Mason would be getting his first ever taste of anything but milk. His first food on his first Thanksgiving. Perfect. I wasn't even nervous about it.. I knew he was ready.


We'd brought him his own whole sweet potato, baked it, mashed it up, and added some cinnamon. This picture was taken right after his first bite:


He looks like he wasn't enjoying it, but I think he was just confused. He wasted no time before grabbing the spoon and trying to feed himself.


He probably only ate about six bites, but he loved every single one of them.


Then, of course, since he's a real food-eater now, he had to take the obligatory post Thanksgiving dinner nap:


Later, we went to George's parent's house. By then, he was pretty much over the whole Thanksgiving thing, but he was a good sport about it and let everyone pass him around and poke at him for a couple hours. By the time we got home, it was after ten. All in all, I think Mason had a pretty great, eventful first Thanksgiving. Before he passed out for the night, he compiled this list that he asked me to share.

I'm thankful for...

The diapers I poop in,
Hugs from my daddy,
A warm crib to sleep in,
New toys to chew on,
Kisses from Mama,
Finding my toes,
Unending giggles
Learning new tricks.

No comments: