Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Snuggle Bug

Yesterday, Mason was up around four again. Actually, I I think it was even earlier than that. Three thirty, maybe? Today's a little better. As I'm writing this and he's rolling around on the carpet, it's five thirty. He's only been up for about a half an hour. I know I should have just gone to bed early, rather than stay up watching SNL and scrapbooking and painting baby election day tshirts, but I didn't. Tonight, I swear I'm going to bed when Mason does, or at least shortly after.

All this daylight savings time nonsense is having more of an effect on him than just insanely early waking hours though - he's been napping like crazy. Two days ago, he had already had five naps by the time I was leaving for work at four o'clock. He just seemed to want to cuddle with me, and who am I to argue? The two of us slept pretty much all day. Yesterday, we took a two hour nap together at nine. The one thing that's keeping me going right now is the fact that in an hour, Mason's probably going to want to go back to bed.

It's not all bad though - usually, getting Mason to cuddle with me is like wrestling a wild animal. But these past few days, when he snuggles up with me for our naps, he's completely calm and I don't even have to restrain his little arms and legs. It reminds me of him as a newborn who just wanted to be held, and really, getting up at four in the morning is almost worth it to have my snuggly baby back. Almost.

But really, I can't just go on napping all day every day. Can I?

No comments: