Saturday, September 6, 2008

He's trying to kill me

Mason was in bed with me this morning starting at 5:30. Around 7, he started to grunt, whine, and kick me under the covers. I tried to cuddle him closer, he squirmed around and kicked harder. Alright, alright, I guess it's time to get up.

I was exhausted but I got up anyway, since you can't press the snooze button on a baby. He wasn't completely awake, so I left him there while I went out to the kitchen, started the coffee, turned on the news, and messed around for a minute. I go back into the bedroom to get him and this is what I see:

He's still just like that, an hour an a half later. He didn't want to wake up, he wanted me out of the bed. This tiny baby needed the whole entire bed. And I'm awake. The baby monitor's on.

I haven't heard a peep.

No comments: