Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baby Idol

As a little girl, I secretly dreamt of being a singer. A singer, or a model, or an actress... anything where I'd have tons of people looking at me and cheering and loving whatever it was I was doing. Unfortunately, I can't sing, I'm short, and I got a B in Theatre 101.

For some reason though, Mason loves my singing. I can sing anything, from songs I remember from elementary school music class to The Beatles, and he cracks a smile so big it's like getting a standing ovation every time. His favorite is "Hey, Jude", and he laughs and coos through the entire thing. And seriously, it's bad. Completely off-key. Like, if I sing loud enough, I hurt my own ears. Good enough for American Idol, but only for the reject part that they show for the first couple weeks to boost ratings because it's so ridiculous and sad. I feel like, instead of smiling and laughing, he should be calling up all his baby friends and being like, "hey guys, get a load of this!"

He really does love it, although sometimes I have to wonder whether he's laughing with me, or at me.

I suppose it doesn't matter.

No comments: