Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Ahead

When we set the clocks back in the fall, Mason woke up at four thirty in the morning every day for weeks. Well, probably just one week, but man, it seemed like forever. I was happy to set the clocks ahead last night though - that extra hour of daylight means warmer weather isn't just wishful thinking anymore. Besides, if Mase woke up earlier when we set the clocks back, then he should sleep in when we set them forward.

He didn't sleep in, but he didn't wake up early either. I swear, Mason has a built-in alarm that wakes him up at exactly seven o'clock every morning. It seemed as though he didn't bat an eyelash over daylight savings time. He still fell asleep for his morning nap at ten o'clock (like always) and he woke up around eleven thirty.

When he woke, we got dressed and went to Red Lobster to celebrate my mom's birthday. I wanted to take my camera so I could get some pictures of Mason and Haylie, but I left it on the counter in my usual mad dash out the door, so all I have are these:




He took his nap when we got home around three, and I went to work. He must have been tired from throwing everything on the table onto the restaurant floor and laughing hysterically as Mama (and our waitress, and every old lady within a twenty foot radius) picked it up, because George said he napped until six. His long nap pushed bedtime back until nine. So maybe daylight savings time will get him to sleep in a little later.

We'll see.

No comments: