Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Our plane takes off at 10:40 tomorrow morning. I've been excited for well over a month, but now that it's actually tomorrow I'm kind of freaking out. There are the obvious plane crash worries as well as my extreme fear of forgetting something important (which caused me to [drastically] overpack). On top of all that, I'm worried about Mason. Worried to the point where I'm over thinking everything. I don't like the idea of taking him out of his element, getting rid of his routine and normalcy, and throwing him into an unfamiliar environment without even asking if that's okay with him. I mean, I did ask, but he didn't answer.

So Mase and I went out for the afternoon with Aimee and Madelynn, because even though I had a gazillion things to do around here and had barely started packing, I really needed to relax a little. It was a pretty usual afternoon out - we walked around the mall and ate lunch while the babies threw food on the floor and were gazed at adoringly by strangers. Later, Aimee and I tried on dresses while Mase and Mads turned the dressing room into their own little playground. Here I am, in a panic because I think he won't like California but the little bugger can have the time of his life in a dressing room. I really shouldn't worry so much.

My dad was here when we got back from our shopping excursion. He brought hoagies, gave me a hundred bucks to buy something nice on vacation, and entertained Mason while I did this:



I'm leaving my computer behind, but I'm taking a notebook so I can journal the old fashioned way and I'll type them all up when we get home. Be back next Thursday!

No comments: