Thursday, March 26, 2009

Babies and Bookshelves

Some people have a million DVDs. Others have a giant, superfluous CD collection. Me? I have tons of books; way too many for my tiny bookcase. I'm in the market for a new one, and I've been eyeing the perfect one at Target for a long time now. It matches my furniture - wooden with a dark finish - and it's huge. Six shelves, I think, which would give me plenty of room. I wouldn't have to have two rows of books on each shelf, one behind the other, like I do now. Well, like I did. When Mason started crawling, I had to get rid of all the books on the bottom shelf. Soon, the middle shelf of books had to go too and all of them were shoved under the bed with the dust bunnies. And now?


Now he's practically climbing the thing to get to that top shelf of my precious books. So what's an English major to do? Even if I get my fancy new six-shelf bookcase I'll have to fill the three bottom shelves with Mason's toys and then I'll be back to having three shelves again which still won't be big enough. Ugh.


Oh well. Someday I'll be able to move Faulkner and Hemingway and Shakespeare back out into the livingroom and Mason will appreciate them, rather than eating them. Someday...

1 comment:

Megan said...

haha.. if it matters I didn't really like them.