Friday, March 13, 2009

Mum's the Word

He's said it before, but this time he said it to me and meant it. It wasn't an accident. It wasn't just babbles. It was loud and clear and in context: mama.

His first word. I'm just glad it wasn't dada. Or poop.

My dad, Kim, and Nichole came to visit us last night. I never noticed it before, but Daddy and Mason share many similar expressions:





Mason was happy playing with everyone the whole time they were here. But it was funny: he'd be completely engrossed in whatever it was that they were doing when I'd see him peek over his shoulder at me. The next thing I knew, he was crawling into my lap for a quick hug and some cuddles before making his way back over to his grandpa.

His first word makes complete sense. That kid loves his mama.

No comments: