Tuesday, February 17, 2009

O Baby

I'm pretty sure that ever since Mason had his first taste of solid food, George has been wanting to give him snacks. George is a snacker, so that's probably why, and every time we're in the baby aisle he's pointing out crackers and biscuits and those silly "puffs" (seriously, if anybody can tell me what a "puff" is, Mason can eat one) and trying to sneak them in the cart past my watchful Mommy eye (with little success, of course).

Last week, while we were at the grocery store, George had his sights set on Cheerios for Mase. Cheerios? Why? They really don't have any nutritional value and they're small enough to be choking hazards for sure, yet you always see babies eating them. Well, I broke down and let Mason and George get a big box of multigrain ones. Today, we tried them out.

I'll admit, Mason had fun trying to pick them up and eat them, and when he did get one in his mouth (or when I helped him) he really did seem to like them. But we had some issues, too. Cheerios get really sticky when put in slobbery baby hands, which makes them quite difficult to eat.






No comments: