Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sick and Cuddly

Mason made it one week short of a year without getting sick, but he hasn't felt well since Monday. I'm not sure what's wrong, it could just be teething for all I know, but he's had a little fever and has just not been himself. Yesterday, after clinging to me in swimming class, throwing all his food on the floor of the Waffle Shop, and suffering through a quick trip to Target, Mase took a three hour nap. He woke up half way through and was restless, so I went in and layed with him. He fell asleep on my chest like he did when he was tiny. My neck was cramping and I couldn't feel my arms, but I didn't move.

When he was new, he'd always fall asleep mid-eating and I'd hold him through his whole nap for fear of waking him. When he'd wake up, I'd have an imprint of his little face in my skin.

Yesterday, for the first time in months and months, I had an ear print:

No comments: