Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy... For a Minute

This morning I took Mason's temperature and got 103.5, so after floating listlessly through swimming class and dumping a pitcher of creamer on himself at The Waffle Shop, we made a little trip to the doctor's. She checked his ears, throat, nose, and lungs. And everything was fine. I guess sometimes babies just get fevers. She said it should only last four days, which means he ought to be feeling better by tomorrow. I hope so. He's just not himself and it's sad. The poor guy's been in slow motion for the past three days. He can't even crawl without falling on his face. He's a mess.

After the doctor's he napped for two hours before we headed out to enjoy the sunshine. We walked down to the park, I stuck him in the swing, and I was pretty sure I had finally found the cure for Mason's grumpiness.



He was smiling, and I would have pushed him on that swing all night long if he would have stayed that way. Unfortunately, it didn't last long.


No comments: