Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Grabby McGrabberson

I can't leave anything anywhere these days. Nothing's safe, no matter where I put it. Pennies are eaten off the dresser, makeup is stolen from the sink and dropped into the toilet, and earrings are ripped out of my ears. What Mason wants, Mason finds a way to get.

The other morning, he'd just woken up from a seven and a half minute nap. I begrudgingly removed him from the bed (before he hurled himself to the floor) and brought him out into the living room where I put him on the floor while I scurried around trying to clean up the scrapbooking stuff I'd gotten out (for no apparent reason). I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, because Mason grabbed my cup of coffee off the table and proceeded to try to drink it. The entire contents of the mug went down his shirt and all over the carpet and two nearly-finished scrapbook pages. Luckily, the coffee was lukewarm. But still... ugh. I used half a bottle of Resolve on the carpet, his jammies were so soaked I just threw them away, and this was all before 10:30AM. AND obviously, he really didn't need all that caffeine. The kid doesn't sleep as it is.

Anyway, yesterday I left Mason's box of crackers in the middle of the coffee table. He found them, opened them, and probably would have eaten them all if I wouldn't have busted him.






And yeah, I don't know why he acts like he's starving all the time. I feed him, I promise.

No comments: