Thursday, April 16, 2009

Saturday, April 4th: People and Pigeons

Meg, Mason, and I went in search of some cute little boutiques in downtown San Diego. I was ready to drop the hundred dollars my dad gave me on one over-priced bag or piece of jewelry, but we couldn't find the shops we were looking for. Instead, we found a giant outdoor mall, full of Louis Vuitton and Coach and other designers that you only see rip-offs of in Central PA and that I could only afford if I didn't pay rent for two months.

Needless to say, Mason and I returned empty-handed.

We had a good time though. As we walked down the street and around the mall, I was amazed at how friendly everyone was to Mason. I mean, the kid can always attract quite a crowd, but it's usually a crowd consisting of old people and other moms. Today, not one person - from surfers to business men to bums - passed by without saying something to us (usually something like "what a cute baby" or "hey, whats up little dude-man!").

The highlight of Mason's day, however, was lunchtime. We sat outside while I shared my California wrap with him and he was captivated by the pigeons and giggled and squawked at them as they tried to steal bits of avocado and turkey from his fingers. Man, if he liked those pigeons, he's going to LOVE the zoo.

No comments: