Friday, April 10, 2009

Hide and Freak Out

I was getting things ready for bedtime tonight and I left Mason playing on the bathroom floor with a couple toys while the water was running in the tub. I was collecting everything I'd need for our bath/bed routine: washcloths, towel, lotion, teething tablets, diaper, jammies, book, etc., and Mase was out of my sight for about two minutes. In hindsight, I realize what a stupid thing to do this was. A baby could get into a lot of trouble in two minutes. For one, he leans over the edge of the tub now so it would have been really easy for him to fall into the water. Two, my cell phone was laying on the floor beside him and I'm sure there's nothing funnier to a baby than a cell phone splashing into the toilet. Three... well, who knows what else he could have done, but I'm sure he could have come up with plenty of other shenanigans that would have driven me crazy.

Instead of finding Mason destroying something valuable or ripping an entire roll of toilet paper to shreds, when I returned to the bathroom he was gone! Horrified, I ran out into the bedroom, looking in the closet and behind the door. I quickly scanned the rest of the apartment. Nothing. I ran back to the bathroom. I opened the cabinets. I checked IN the toilet. I was getting sweaty. Starting to panic. Hyperventilating.

Then I heard a giggle.



Bugger!

No comments: