Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Think You Might Mean a Birthday Card?

Tomorrow is my birthday. I had to work at the bar all day today, and when I picked Mason up from my mom's he had an envelope in his hand. He told me, very seriously, that he was not going to give it to me until tomorrow and that he wasn't telling me what was in it.

We went home and I told him he should put the card somewhere where I wouldn't be able to peek at it. He "hid" it under a couch cushion and then just stood there, looking at the couch, then back at me, then back at the couch, all while giggling.

I didn't say anything, I just watched him. Then, he says, as if I'd been prying him relentlessly about the contents of his mysterious envelope and it's this huge relief to get it out, "okay, Mommy, it's for your birthday tomorrow and there's a credit card in there".

Gosh I hope so.

(Oh, and you're horrible at keeping secrets.)

No comments: