Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hug Monster

This morning Mason and I had to leave the mall play area (which has reopened with no noticeable changes, by the way) because of what he was doing. He wasn't kicking, hitting, or biting. He wasn't screaming or pouting. My baby was hugging... and I couldn't get him to stop.

He must have hugged every toddler there three times before he accidentally knocked over a teetering 18-month-old and I received some really mean looks from a (WAY overprotective) hovering mother.

I probably said, "Mason, no hugging" thirty times. I told him he could hug Mommy anytime he wanted to. I told him he could hug his friends, too, if they said it was okay. Finally, I gave up and we left.

My loving, caring little baby. I hate having to tell him to stop hugging.

Damn social norms.

1 comment:

SHAWNY said...

Who gets mad when they see a baby full of hugs? Don't make him stop, and he's getting so big by the way.