Monday, May 3, 2010

Where the Heart Is

It's been awhile. Not because nothing's been going on, but because too much has been going on.

Mason and I just got back to Michigan from our PA "vacation". I never thought I'd say a took a vacation to PA and LOVED it. Sometimes, Michigan's okay. I'm starting to really like and be able to hang out with people at work, the weather's been nice, there's lots of stuff for Mason to do... but I miss home like I never thought I would. It's so easy to take things for granted. The idea of living in a city is great and everything, but replacing dirt roads with five-lane highways has taught me that I just can't be a city girl. Not permanently, anyway.

I drove over night last Sunday. Left at 2AM (so Mase could sleep the whole time) and arrived in good old Pennsylvania around 8. Spent some time with Aimee and Madelynn, saw George at work, took a looooong nap, got ice cream, played at Cold Stream Dam. We spent a lot of time with my family and George took Mason over night to see his family for a couple days (I've never seen a kid so happy to see his daddy).

Now that I got my fix, my homesickness has subsided a little. As for Mason, he's happy either way... and nothing could make me happier than that.

No comments: