Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Changes

I worked Monday, lost my job Wednesday, had an interview this morning, and start my new job on Saturday. I'm happy to be starting new, but wow.. talk about changes. My entire life has been turned upside-down in the past few weeks.

In other news, Mase said baby ("bay-beeee") yesterday. Cutest word ever. He also says dog and duck (which sound almost exactly the same) and ball and book (...which also sound exactly the same). Last night he stood on the balcony, lifted up his shirt, and pointed to his belly button for the Papa Johns delivery guy (yep, I ordered pizza and wings for just the two of us), who thought it was the funniest thing in the world. He's such a little kid with a big, happy, spontaneous personality.

I've always been scared of change, but I'm looking forward to everything that's been happening. I remember looking at a four-month-old Mason and thinking "god, I wish time would stop right NOW because he's perfect and I don't want anything about him to change". But he did change, and at five months (and six, and ten, and twelve) I thought the exact same thing. And now, of course. Sometimes I still wish I could freeze time, keeping my baby at fourteen and a half months old forever. But then I'd never get to see the amazing things he'll be able to do when he hits fifteen months.

I'm using that knowledge to help me be excited about the changes that are going on in my life - even though they are pretty scary sometimes. 'Cause sure, right now I'm just trading in the tie and the pasta and the cheese grater for sneakers and shorts and cheeseburgers, but who knows where I'll be in a year. I guess we'll see.

No comments: