Monday, April 11, 2011

Under Where?

It was gorgeous and almost 70 degrees out today so I took Mason to the duck park. We were both wearing t-shirts, but it was breezy and after a little while he said he was getting cold. I had one of his windbreakers in my purse, so I pulled it out and put it on him and he went back on the playground stuff again and I guess I wasn't really paying much attention.

But then I noticed the other moms looking at him funny. And then I could have sworn they were looking at me funny. I was trying to convince myself that I was being paranoid
when all of a sudden I see one of the moms smile and point right at Mason and at the exact same moment, I catch a glimpse of his back. There's this little patch of Velcro on the back of his windbreaker because the hood is removable. Dangling off this Velcro was my underwear. And these weren't just any old underwear. They were tiny black skimpy things that no one hanging out at the duck park on a Monday afternoon has any business wearing.

The worst part though, was that after realizing that's what everyone was looking at, I had to casually wait for Mason to come down the slide and then real nonchalantly drop them into my purse like everyone's toddler was wearing thongs on his back.

Why couldn't it have just been a sock?

No comments: