Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hello Mason, Goodbye Coffee

Being back with Mason these past few days have been amazing. I missed him so much during our five days apart and now that we're together again it's like my patience and energy levels have been completely recharged. Don't get me wrong, there are still tantrums, but I can deal with them so much easier now. This morning, when my angel decide to have a meltdown because I wanted to diaper him, I calmly went out and sat on the couch with my coffee while Mason continued to thrash around on the floor. SEVEN MINUTES (and an entire cup of coffee) later, the screaming stopped. I walked in and asked him if he was finished. He came over, gave me a hug, and let me change his diaper. That was the only tantrum he had today. Cake, right?

Tomorrow, I'm starting a 21 day Quantum Wellness Cleanse. No animal products (meat OR dairy), no processed sugar, no alcohol, no gluten. Oh yeah... no caffeine. Which means.. no coffee. I guess I could try to trick myself with decaf, but mannn... It's gonna be a long 21 days. Cake? Not so much.

No comments: