Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

It's Thanksgiving and I'm sitting on my couch, in an empty apartment, waiting for my frozen pizza to cook. Don't feel bad for me though; I haven't had a day alone in eighteen months and hey... I guess Thanksgiving is as good a day as any. Still, being here alone is definitely a strange feeling and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad.

Mase is in the Poconos with George and his family. I'm sure they're having a great time and I gave George my camera so I'll have pictures later. In the meantime, I'll be catching up on a little blogging and a ton of cleaning and laundry. And I'll most likely still have nap time.

It just wouldn't feel right if I didn't say what I was thankful for before digging in to the strangest Thanksgiving dinner of all time, so..


I'm thankful for... (in no particular order)
A warm apartment. Six straight hours of sleep. Ice cream. 20% tippers. A maintenance man who doesn't mind fishing bath toys and toothbrushes from the depths of my toilet. My Nikon and my iPod. Burt's Bees chapstick. A fantastic, involved daddy for Mason. My own daddy. My baby's smile.

No comments: