Sunday, November 1, 2009

Taking Candy from Strangers

I was so proud of Mason's Halloween costume this year. I had the pants custom made and I painstakingly crafted his vest and tie-dyed both of our shirts myself. We visited Champs, where random strangers took his picture. Seriously. That's how cute his costume was. I plan on making his costumes myself from now on... at least until he's old enough to freak out if I don't buy him a plastic Spider Man mask.

Behold:


Hippies!


I know, hippies probably don't eat bolony. He just wasn't in the picture-taking mood and the processed meat was the only thing that would work as a distraction.



Last year, I wandered around the neighborhood with Monkey Mason in the stroller, watching all the big kids Trick-or-Treating. This year, we were in on the action.


We braved the cold, knocking on every door in Pleasant Gap. I swear, Mason acted like he was an old Trick-or-Treat pro. He grabbed candy from bowls and, much to my horror, tried to run into peoples' houses like they were his new best friends.


I'm not exactly sure what Trick-or-Treating teaches kids about life, but I'm not sure I like it. Mase had no fear. He wasn't even scared of this guy:


Heck, I was scared of that guy.


Regardless, he had a blast, especially on the ride home when he somehow managed to gnaw through the wrapper of a Snickers bar. Crazy little hippy.


Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Brianne said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Mason's costume! The tie-dyes are AMAZING, too! I'm inspired to make River's costume next year. (Also, your hair looks so pretty!) :-)

SHAWNY said...

HAHA... BOOBS NOT BOMBS? I love it that made my day. Loves the costume.