Sunday, January 23, 2011

More of Those Things I Don't Want to Forget

1. The look Mason gives me when I kiss any "boo-boo" he has. I put that in quotes because said injury is usually invisible. Upon fixing this injury, he gives me a look like, "my god, you fixed it!" and goes about his business like nothing ever happened (usually nothing actually has happened, but still).

2. His helpfulness. He helped me make turkey burgers tonight. He loves to help sweep the floor, hang his pictures on the refrigerator, and dust the furniture. Now, if I could only get him to pick up his toys without resorting to some form of bribery.

3. His curiosity and excitement when learning something new. Hopefully I won't have a chance to forget this one - at twenty-six, I still feel the same enthusiasm about learning new things as he does.

4. The way he sings to himself when he's laying in bed trying to (or not to) fall asleep. He's in there practicing his alphabet as we speak.

5. Mason's voice. Yes, I will admit that there are days when I just wish he would stop talking for two freaking minutes but the majority of the time, I swear those little squeaky "hey, Mommy?"s are music to my maternal ear.

6. His smile when he wakes up in the morning. If ever there was a morning person, it's Mason.

7. His manners. Jeeze, I hope I never have to fight him on this one - but, having seen the rudest of the rude, I will if I have to. For now though, it's always "please", "thank you", "derrr welcome!", and "excuse me". He even says, "I'm sorry!" when he accidentally smashes my face with his great big toddler head.

8. The strange Italian-like accent. Examples: "cheese-ah-burger!" and "play with mine-ah toys?" I'm not sure where he picked that up, but it's so cute that I get a little irritated when I can tell they've been trying to correct it at daycare.

9. The cuddling. If there's one thing I know I'm going to miss someday, it's curling up on the couch with Mason in my lap, reading a book. When he's tired or when he doesn't feel good, all he wants is to lay in my lap while I rub his belly.

No comments: