Monday, December 20, 2010

Thanksgiving

For some reason, my pictures jump from Halloween to Thanksgiving. I assure you, things happened in between. I'm just having trouble remembering exactly what those things were. Anyway...

This year, I decided to cook Thanksgiving dinner for just Mason and I. Maybe I was up for the challenge. Maybe I was feeling anti-social. Maybe I was just out of my mind. In any case, I set out to make (almost) everything from scratch and cook my first turkey. I called my mom about seventeen times and had to borrow a turkey thermometer, a pie pan, condensed milk, butter, cinnamon, and half a loaf of bread. I Googled incessantly.






Thanksgiving dinner prep is HARD. Don't ever let anyone tell you it isn't. It took me about four hours in the kitchen, and it took Mason and I about fifteen minutes to eat it all.

It was worth it though.

No comments: