Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkins, Ice Cream, and Some Really Tall Cornstalks

This weekend, I decided that I wasn't doing anything but spending time with my baby. No homework until Sunday night, no stressing about school, nothing. So that's exactly what I did. Mason and I had an amazing weekend. That little kid is such a complete joy to be around. I know it sounds completely corny but it's true. He's always laughing and his new favorite thing is to run around and "hide" (usually standing out in the open beside the wall or looking at me from beside the refrigerator) and ask me to find him. He's a crappy hider, but he's so, so funny.

Anyway, on Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch. Last year we'd gone with Aimee and Mads and the corn maze was a huge hit, so I thought Mason would really love it this year. Not so. Maybe the corn was just too tall.


Or maybe this guy had something to do with it.


But in any case, the kid was not amused,


insisted on being carried,



and wouldn't use his own legs or crack a smile until we were within arms length of the exit.



Fortunately, the wagon-pulling, the ice cream-eating, the cider-drinking, the pumpkin-picking, and even the picture-taking were all successful.












1 comment:

Kristine said...

So glad you were able to put aside homework and the stress of school to spend time with your little guy. He is SO handsome!!!!!