Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bog Walkers

Mase had a doctor's appointment the other day. 31.2 pounds, 34.5 inches tall - a "huge two-year-old" by the doctor's fancy growth chart. He got one shot (yes, I know, he's a million vaccinations behind, and yes I still only want him to get one) and a blood draw for lead testing. He held my hand and didn't shed a tear, but I still wanted to make it up to him.

I planned on taking him to the beach, but it was pretty overcast and windy so we settled for the Bog Walk at Blacky. It's Philipsburg's equivalent of Ocean City, Maryland and it consists of a wooden path over the murky waters of the Black Moshannon River. I love taking Mason places I went when I was younger. Oh, sweet nostalgia.









What's usually a four minute walk to the end took us about forty minutes. When we got there, we had a picnic and I read a little while Mase threw blueberries to the fish.





Afterwards, Mason got another treat and a trip to the park since I was still feeling guilty about the shot.


Or maybe I just wanted ice cream.


Another beautiful day...


No comments: