Saturday, April 3, 2010

Rabbit Rip-Off

I took Mason to see the Easter Bunny tonight. Now, this is a big thing for me because of my biggest fear of all time: masks. I hate masks, and the E. Bunny's crazy face ranks right up there with the George W. mask that gave me nightmares for weeks one Halloween.

But, in my never-ending quest to be a good mom, we went to the mall and waited in line to see that silly rabbit. Mason came prepared with a baggy of carrot sticks. I plopped him and his carrots down next to the bunny and ran back to take my picture.


Screaming ensued. Mason apparently inherrited my fear. I told him to give the carrot to the bunny and he did... by launching it into his lap.


When some guy behind us in line saw me struggling to get a picture and console my child, he offered to take one for me. Sweet. So I suck it up and sit next to the darn thing and hold Mason and tell him to say hi to the bunny (he didn't) and I tell him to get his carrot and hand it to the bunny (he didn't). I smile for the picture, pluck the carrot from where it's still laying on the bunny's lap, and Mason and I get up. When we're a safe distance away I tell Mason to say bye. He does. He smiles and waves and says bye to the Easter Bunny... who remains as completely motionless as he was the entire time.


All that for a picture next to a giant stuffed animal. Bogus.

No comments: