Monday, March 1, 2010

Resolution Replay

It's March 1st. February, the worst month of the year, is over. Hopefully March will bring warmer weather and better moods for Mason and I. We've both been a little on edge lately. Anyway, since we're already two months into 2010, I figured I'd see how I'm doing on my resolutions.

1. Be more patient. Eh. I have my days. I'd say I'm definitely improving. I have a feeling this one will be a never-ending goal of mine. You can never really have too much patience. I'll give myself a yes on this one based on effort alone.

2. Stop worrying. Ugh. I'm ashamed to admit I'm worrying about who's going to sublet my apartment as I type this. I have gotten better with worrying about other areas of my life though. It's just this apartment thing (and the bills and the money that goes along with it) that's stressing me out. So I guess I'll say no to not worrying.

3. Eat ice cream from a bowl, not from the container. Heck no. I actually ate straight from the pint last night. And... finished the whole thing. But hey, it was no sugar added, gluten free, coconut milk ice cream. Does that make it better? I'd say so.

4. Stop hating my job. Nope. And I'll just leave it at that.

5. Be me. Well, I have been reading more. And I got myself re-enrolled in school (woot!) and I student teach in the fall so I've been spending time preparing for that. I've been pretty good about working out too. So I'll say yes to being me.

6. Shave my legs once a week. I've actually been really good about self-grooming lately. So yes.

7. Stop wearing pajamas all day. All I can say is sometimes... and that's generous.

8. Get Mase involved. Well I've only had my license and a car for two days, so I can't really answer this one yet. We're working on it. I do plan on going to Dr. Seuss Story Time at Barnes and Nobel on Thursday. So I'll give myself another
half-yes.

9. Travel.
My goal was three new states in 2010. I've already been to one. Another yes.

10. Stop being myself up. Unfortunately I still do. Daily. So... no. But I really wish I could say yes to this one.

That's four yeses, four nos, and two half-yeses. Not horrible for two months in.

Happy March!

No comments: