Saturday, July 12, 2008

Time well spent

Yesterday, I left Mason for four hours. FOUR hours. And, really, I needed it. I needed to have real conversations with people my age and get some sun and have a beer. God, I needed a beer.

So I ended up downtown at Arts Fest and on the deck at Champs drinking the most delicious Blue Moon ever poured. I went to the mall and bought a few things for myself and I didn't even feel (that) guilty. I didn't even PEEK in the general direction of Gymboree or Baby Gap. For those four hours, I was completely baby free.

And all I could think about was Mason.

The thing is, sometimes I get frustrated with how he clings to me. I swear he wants me to hold him twenty out of twenty four hours a day. But when I got home yesterday, I didn't want to put him down. I guess I needed to get out by myself more than I thought I did.

So maybe in 18 years I'll be able to do things like eat a hot dinner, have a pair of clean white pants, or poop with the bathroom door shut.

I can wait.

No comments: