Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Beach 5: Tragedy Strikes


Our last day at the beach.   Everything was wonderful.


And then he wanted to play on the big wooden pirate ship.


Immediately after that picture was taken, Mason's hands slipped off the bar and he fell flat on his face.  He screamed, I dropped the camera and ran to him.  What I found when he opened his mouth was a ton of blood.  And two teeth so loose, they had to be pulled the next morning.


Ugh.  I was devastated.  Mason... well, he couldn't have cared less.  As I cried in the dentist's office the following morning (so hard other moms were bringing me tissues and rubbing my back) Mase was a little trouper.  I'm just thankful they were the bottom teeth.  And hey, they'll grow back in a couple of years, right?

1 comment:

Panya said...

Oh no! I had my own tooth emergency as a child & can commiserate. As I looked at the second-to-last pic I thought, "That's not a very good [read: soft] place for that swing!" I guess I was right! =8-O