Monday, September 12, 2011

Pick-Me-Up

Lately I've been realizing I beat myself up - a lot. It's easy to be hard on yourself and to focus on all the things you wish you could do better. Sometimes I feel really guilty for having to work and take Mason to daycare, especially recently since we're both still having a hard time adjusting to my new job and new hours. Deep down, I know I'm a good mom and I've never tried as hard at anything as I do to be a good mom to Mase. So here we go, real quick - to cheer myself up a little before bed.


10 Little Things that Make me a Good Mom:

1. I let Mason sleep with me even though he kicks me in the head and steals the covers all night.

2. I make a new train track every morning that's different and better than the day before.

3. I cook healthy meals and don't let my irritation show when Mase says he's not hungry.

4. I stay up until after midnight doing school work so I can spend as much time with him during the day as possible.

5. I read Green Eggs and Ham every. single. day. and don't skip [hardly] any pages.

6. I let countless cups of coffee get cold because I'm making blueberry pancakes or putting puzzles together.

7.
I dread taking Mason to daycare and I'd be completely happy if we were never apart.

8. I never act bored pushing Thomas and his friends endlessly around the track.

9. I make sure I teach him new things every day.

10.
I answer every single "why?" and "how come?" to the best of my ability.

1 comment:

mcroyle said...

Number 10 is by far very important! Everyone always got frustrated at me for asking "Why?" when I was little.