Friday, September 2, 2011

Morning Walk

When I was younger and we went to the beach as a big family, my grandma and I used to get up before anyone else was out of bed and go for a walk on the beach together. Those were some of my favorite memories of the beach, and when we were at LBI this summer I saw the same houses and dunes and jetties that I remember seeing when the two of us walked the same beaches fifteen years ago.

This year, I ventured out on my own the first morning. The sunrise was gorgeous and the beach was so quiet. The second morning, I took Mason along.






We both got soaked and sandy, we barely made it two blocks up, and Mason's favorite part was watching the big tractor that cleans up the sand. The morning was cloudy and our walk on the beach was far from quiet.



Still... I'd take that over a quiet walk alone any day.

No comments: