Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Just Need to Whine a Little

"She discovered with great delight that one does not love one's children
just because they are one's children,
but because of the friendship formed while raising them."


I'm reading
Love in the Time of Cholera and nearly cried when I came across that part the other afternoon on my lunch break. I miss my kid like crazy. It's like being away from my best friend. I drop Mason off at daycare at 6:30AM, pick him up at 4:30PM. He goes to bed at 7. Even an English major can do that math.


I love what I'm doing, I really do. But this is just hard. By the time I pick Mase up from daycare, I've already been up for twelve hours. I've dealt with fifteen-year-olds all day, talked until my throat hurts, exerted all the energy I can muster from coffee alone, and I'm exhausted. The worst part is, I haven't even gotten into the hard part yet.

Tomorrow's Friday, but I work all weekend and I just want one day to lay around and take my kid to the park and stay in my pajamas. Not gonna happen. Fourteen more weeks 'til graduation.


Good thing I'm thinking about getting my Master's after this. Ugh.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Awww :( Student teaching is hard work! I think it will get easier once you get a little more practice... you won't be as tired when you get home and maybe your weekend work load will even decrease a little.