Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks

I took Mason to the fireworks last night. Just as the sun was setting, we found a spot in a field close enough to have a great view but far enough away that we wouldn't be caught up in all the craziness of traffic and 4th of July drunks.




Next year, I think I'll google "how to take non-sucky pictures of fireworks" because I had no idea how to go about that. But, it was Mason's first real fireworks show (if you don't count my dad's Annual Redneck 4th of July Party where a years-worth of beer cans are collected and sold to pay for a bunch of illegal pyrotechnics) so I documented it as best I could.





As I'd hoped, Mase was thoroughly impressed, screaming "whhhhoa!" after every burst. Even cuddled up with me, watching for close to an hour, he didn't fall asleep until we got in the car.

Happy Fourth.

1 comment:

Panya said...

I think those pics look great! I love how you can see the silhouette of the grass in the foreground. Thumbs up from me.