Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Scooped, Carved, and Cracked

A few afternoons ago, we took Mase's little pumpkin out on the deck and got ready to carve.


Obviously, I couldn't give a seventeen-month-old a knife, so Mason became the designated seed-scooper-outer.


He ended up being very interested in this pumpkin business, inspecting it carefully. He smelled it:


looked inside:



and, of course, tasted it:





All that scooping wore the kid out, and with Mason safely in his crib for nap time, I did the carving:


Not exactly a work of art, but what could you possibly expect in the span of a twenty-three minute nap? When he woke, I let him inspect the finished product.




I guess he was satisfied, but it took him all of forty-five seconds to take the top off and proceed to shove it inside the pumpkin, crushing my hard work.




Ack. Babies. This is why we don't have any nice things.

No comments: