Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yeah, being pregnant was easy.

When I was pregnant, I couldn't find anything to wear that fit, so it took an hour to get ready to go anywhere. Now, our morning routine can take three hours or more. This is how our morning went yesterday.. and we were only getting ready to go to Target with my mom:
  • I shower, after dragging the bassinet into the bathroom and praying that he'll stay asleep.
  • Halfway through my shower, he wakes up. I get out, hair soapy, and hold him 'til he goes back to sleep.
  • Finish shower in record time.
  • Change diaper.
  • Feed Mason.
  • Change diaper.
  • Inhale a bowl of soggy cereal.
  • Give Mason his bath.
  • Wrap Mason in towel and leave the bathroom. Lay him on the bed and turn and sprint to grab a diaper.
  • Too late. Back to the bathroom to clean him off.
  • Change peed on sheets.
  • Get him dressed.
  • Somehow get myself dressed.
  • Feed him again.
  • Change diaper.
  • Change my shirt and Mason's outfit after both of us are sprinkled with pee.
  • Pack diaper bag.
  • Buckle him into his car seat.
  • Smell something funny.
  • Cry a little.
  • Take him out of his car seat.
  • Change diaper.
  • Feed him.
  • Back in the car seat.
  • Consider calling my mom and cancelling our plans... but by that time she was already in the parking lot.
  • Finally make it out the door (did I brush my teeth? I'm still not sure).

And that's nothing compared to the adventures we had at Target.

He's just lucky he's so cute.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, it does sound crazy! Days like the one you just described make me a little unsure of what I'm getting myself into....

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I didn't know babies pee'd that much! :)