Monday, September 16, 2013

The First Day

Mason's first day of Kindergarten was so hard.  And I don't mean for him.  He was as excited and happy as ever.  I mean for me. 





Even looking at the pictures gets me a little choked up.  He just looks so OLD.  I blamed my tears on pregnancy hormones, but the simple truth is that I just love my kid more than anything on this planet.  This house is too quiet, too boring, and too clean without him and it feels like I missing an actual part of myself when he's gone.  In any case, on that first day I laid in bed for about two hours and then realized I still had five more to wait until he got off the bus.  So I went shopping.  And even without Mason on my heels, asking for toys or candy or who-knows-what-else, I still came home with nothing but Legos and books.


So I wrapped them up.  A first day of school present.  And when Mason got off that bus, running across the road screaming "mamaaaa!", I swear I've never been happier to see him.  It was a rough seven hours.





Three weeks later, it's still hard.  It's getting easier, a little, but I still miss him all day long.  Maybe I'll play the lottery today.  If I win, I'm homeschooling.

No comments: