Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fast Destruction

I clean. A lot. When I take pictures of Mason, usually at least the area behind him is cleaned up so I can keep my memories of my imaginary spotless house in tact. But Mason's a toddler tornado of destruction and we don't have a lot of space in this little house. So things tend to get a little... messy.

Last week I made homemade chicken nuggets and when I started cooking, the kitchen was completely clean. Dishes done and not a toy in sight. The chicken was great - delicious and healthy - but I began to see why fast food is such a booming business when realized the following was the scene in my kitchen after spending just 20 minutes breading and frying chicken:




Yes, I helped make a hand print painting AND sat in a tent in the midst of cooking. This was not a fluke. Something similar happens EVERY time I cook. So... three times a day.



It all took place in twenty minutes. Clean up took an hour.

No comments: